BCD996T

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
IronCross

BCD996T

Post by IronCross »

Hey guys I was wondering if the BCD996T is a good scanner. Im looking to scan as much as I can in SD County(Mainly SDSD).

Thanks
Last edited by IronCross on Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

If you mean SDSO, then it is the best one available (I only have 3 of them). You will need it or similar to get all of the digital talkgroups. If you meant SDPD, then any analog scanner will do.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

While everyone calls them "SDSO" or "SO", SDSD (San Diego Sheriff's Department) is technically correct. And yes, the 996 is the best scanner (much more flexible than the GREs or Pro x96s and future-proofed unlike the 250D/296) available for the RCS and monitoring the SO talkgroups.
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

yea thanks guys, I just a little bit worried that when they reband the 800. But this scanner can be upgraded ie firmware???

Because I heard on scanner #3 on I heard a few with encryption it was an unknown trunk ID...

Also could I stream with this scanner? Since Im in IB I would listen to more of the sheriffs

Thanks
IronCross

Post by IronCross »

Hey Guys,

I just got this beast and it was worth the money...
Im new to using scanners, was wondering if I could get any tips, Im
reading the manual atm. Got it all hooked up to my PC via USB.
I got the BC Software installed. I like how the City of SD scanner is setup.
What im trying to do is good channels in etc. Right now im just using the
default SanDiego City MOT that was pre loaded.
I like this community and I would like to be apart of it.

Learn from the best right.

I live in Imperial Beach, Im trying to listen to everything has to do with IB. Hell and the IBNOLF, IE the Millitary police, fire/rescue...(I live next to Job Corps and in a week avg about 15 calls get dispatched out there, and they send like 2-3 trucks , 1-2 medics, and either Mill PD or SDSD. Good old tax dollars at work eh)

I been trying to read all the goodies on the site(Good stuff).

My MSN: [email protected]

Or hit me up with what you got...

Much Appreciated!

Mark
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

IronCross wrote:But this scanner can be upgraded ie firmware???
Yes it can and apparently there will be future firmware upgrades that will cost money (and add features!)