Unication G4 Pager

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
Paramedico6293

Unication G4 Pager

Post by Paramedico6293 »

Hello.. Does anybody have a Unication G4 Pager? I currently purchased 1 but, for some reason I am not receiving anything just 1 ems channel. My Uniden SDS picks up more. I think I did something wrong. I am currently visiting my mom here in Imperial County for 4 months... Can someone help me out with a code plug🥺 for Imperial County. I am having trouble programming the G4 because I am new to this stuff. Thank you .
Motrac Era

Re: Unication G4 Pager

Post by Motrac Era »

I hope you've figured it out by now.

They are very different than other equipment and it takes a lot of work to configure them. I have been trying to develop a professional grade code plug for one system with about 17,000 radios and it has cost about $1,500 in expenses so far. I have a pretty good data set but it's still a lot of work. Also, Radio Reference data may be a starting point but is not suitable for getting your G4 running.

One system I viewed showed 38 sites (P25 Sites) in their data. I show 45 sites. What's more, the G4 does not affiliate with sites. There are two sites on this system that do not carry a specific talkgroup of interest unless somebody's radio affiliates with the site. If you're listing to a talkgroup that isn't carried, you see a great signal but the talkgroup will never say anything. The site does not carry it. It takes a long time to figure all of this out.

Example: I listen to talkgroup 24399. My radio is configured with every site on the system. Talkgroup 24399 is carried on all sites except (made-up site names) Outlying Canyon and Lake Landfill. If my G4 connects to Outlying Canyon, I never hear anything.

Some sites only carry talkgroups if a unit affiliates. It can be carried in Rigor Mountain (made-up site name) but only when somebody's radio affiliates with it. If your G4 is on Rigor's control channel, you'll hear nothing unless somebody affiliates.

I don't want to discourage you but it's a big effort and it costs a lot of hours.