Irritating RCS

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
mike

Post by mike »

I think I finally resolved the issue it hasn't messed up in a while I think it was my radio I have a radio shack pro-96 and I think it was something to do with the DSP upgrade I set it back to its original version and so far so good :D
dbelleperc

Post by dbelleperc »

mike wrote:I think I finally resolved the issue it hasn't messed up in a while I think it was my radio I have a radio shack pro-96 and I think it was something to do with the DSP upgrade I set it back to its original version and so far so good :D
True that "Mike" The factory version DSP I had iirc was 1.2 now 1.4U was free of digital sounds / anomalies but after the first upgrade to 1.3U I had it happen all the time. While the upgrade cleared the digital voice it did produce a lot more anomalies. While I like the voice quality with the factory DSP the upgrade is worth it IMHO. Sounds more tlike he Motorola's. Clear and Crisp. Last, FYI I have had better voice quality head to head with the Police Moto's and they ask me what the disp said. 8) Digi is so nice, now can we get SDPD on the band wagon.