Stay as far away from the Mud Shack as you can

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

http://www3.lasvegasnevada.gov/Bus-license/Search.asp

No dice on
business name

mudshack inc
mud shack inc
mudshack
mud shack

owner name
roger williams
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

I still don't see any listing in the City's licenses or the County's Fictitious Business Names. If his real business name is something else and his DBA is Mud Shack, there should still be a referenced listing.

The Attorney's offices might be interested in him just on those items.
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

It would seem to me that there would be a federal filing for their articles of incorporation since they are an INC in Nevada.

All very good ideas, I didn't find much on the DA's website either so I may call them tomorrow and see what the process is for reporting something like this.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the listing from the CA Secretary of State. His corporation is suspended in CA, but it does not give a date. If he is Inc in Nevada, he still needs to follow local rules regarding city license and fictitious name.

Corporation
MUD SHACK, INC.
Number: C1338930 Date Filed: 5/7/1985 Status: suspended
Jurisdiction: California
Address
6512 D EL CAJON BLVD
SAN DIEGO, CA 92115
Agent for Service of Process
ROGER S WILLIAMS
6512 D EL CAJON BLVD
SAN DIEGO, CA 92115

I checked the same in Nevada, and there is no listing by his name or Mud Shack.

There is no federal filing requirement for a business name except for their Tax Id Number. So if he is suspended in CA and does not have a license or incorporation in NV, where is he legal???

From experience, the local BBB will try to mediate a dispute between a consumer and a business. They will not give legal advise. The Attorney's offices will not give you legal advise, or be any real help with the dispute, but should be interested in the apparent fact that he may not be a licensed business.
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Wow thats awesome! Thanks for the legwork! I hope to hear from the BBB or the consumer advocacy group of the DA's office tomorrow. Bottom line is I am just trying to get my money back. I don't really care about anything else, but having this will certainly help my cause.

Thanks to all who have responded. If anyone has anything else please post up or PM! I hope to meet everyone in person at some point and buy a round for those that have taken their time to help me out.

Thank you!
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

I also wonder how much in taxes he has paid to the state for sales tax or the feds for income tax since it doesn't seem like he is operating legally.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

This thread is getting better and better. Great work SDnative!! Found their website, but not much on it:

http://www.mudshack.org/
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

Just to give the guy a little chance being legal, there is always a possibility that any government agency has his name or business name incorrectly recorded, sorted or something. But when one sees this many places that they should be listed, I see a GIGANTIC RED FLAG and it smells like a skunk just walked past :? Nothing adds up to me, except that he has slipped thru the cracks. Landlords don't generally require proof of licensing, but he was at one time. I don't know if there is a legal way to check on his federal tax id status. Everything else I have been able to find is on the public pages of the given agency.

I went thru something similar several years ago with a company back east (and I was in SD), and the BBB local to the company was helpful in resolving the problem.

I hope you get what you want, and he gets what he deserves :!:
jjwool

Mud Shack

Post by jjwool »

It might sound silly, but you might want to consider, Mike Turko, KUSI TV, the Turko Files. He does seem to get some results! I don't know if he would take the case, but you might want to consider him also if you're getting nowhere.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

That would be a great way to give the store some publicity - BAD :twisted: