SDPD + Fire + BCT15x

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
wizard99

SDPD + Fire + BCT15x

Post by wizard99 »

I've been away for awhile and decided to get back into listening and know many radio systems have been upgraded here in SD. I have a BCT15x and use FreeScan, and wondered if this gear is still capable of monitoring SDPD + Fire? If so, any hints to obtain channels and program are appreciated!

Cheers...
mike

Re: SDPD + Fire + BCT15x

Post by mike »

If it is capable of doing 700 MHz trunked system's and eventually phase 2 trunked then it would work.
wizard99

Post by wizard99 »

Thank you Mike for that fast reply.... its appreciated...

I'll pull up some 700mhz SDFD Freq's and test that out...
wizard99

Post by wizard99 »

Is Radio Ref. the only source to download Frequencies... in my case for San Diego? I'm rustier in programming than I thought and with the added complexity of Trunking and Splinter I may be needing some easier method to accomplish what I might be able to reach from my location.
mike

Post by mike »

You can find the frequencies here, I would not recommend radioreference, they are way behind and slacking as far as updated information due to how their site is run now and corrupted,most updated radio info can be found here for the San Diego county region.
Last edited by mike on Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:46 pm, edited 3 times in total.
mike

Post by mike »

Try here for frequencies,

The frequencies in red are control channel's and the blue alternate control channels.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=1472

To note the 800 MHz analog/digital system is still active with some stuff but most are on the 700 P25 system.