Shooting in Oakland OMG

Posting and discussion of breaking news in San Diego. Visitors to this forum are welcome to post photos, videos and other items of interest regarding breaking news incidents in the area.
w6kru

Shooting in Oakland OMG

Post by w6kru »

Is anybody else following this. Four Oakland LEOs shot by lone suspect. Three confirmed dead the other critical. At least two of them were shot in the head while standing next to each other.

Condolences to the families.

Here's one of the stories.

http://www.mercurynews.com/centralcoast/ci_11968175
w6kru

Re: Shooting in Oakland OMG

Post by w6kru »

Here is an update with more detail. I still can't understand how the punk managed to hit everyone in the head. Even the officer that was grazed was hit in the head.

http://www.contracostatimes.com/top-sto ... ck_check=1
jjwool

Post by jjwool »

Heard OPD calling in and tailing a group of OMG the other day. Didn't think law enforcement did that anymore, but evidently they do. And I guess I can see why.
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

jjwool wrote:Heard OPD calling in and tailing a group of OMG the other day. Didn't think law enforcement did that anymore, but evidently they do. And I guess I can see why.
Yep. Gotta watch out for those olive male geriatrics. :mrgreen:
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Oriental Male Gangbangers?

As far as the headshots... I wouldn't expect that from the most skilled marksman cop, the average gunowner (who can afford tons of training that cops rarely get), or even a gangbanger hitman (who has more experience shooting people than cops do). I can only guess this evil piece of crap was trained at a terrorist academy and had warfront experience.
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

N6ATF wrote:As far as the headshots... I wouldn't expect that from the most skilled marksman cop, the average gunowner (who can afford tons of training that cops rarely get), or even a gangbanger hitman (who has more experience shooting people than cops do). I can only guess this evil piece of crap was trained at a terrorist academy and had warfront experience.
That is the thing that puzzles me. I thought for sure that the shooter would turn out to be an ex-military type with some sort of special training. The info I have seen though indicates he was just your average street punk out on parole. If I read the reports correctly the first two officers, who were both shot in the head with one officer shot twice in the head, were shot with a handgun. The swat officers that were shot in the apartment were shot "through a closet door". It just doesn't make any sense to me.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Trying to remember where I read it? Think it was in today's paper. It said that after he shot the first rounds he walked up to them as they were laying on the ground and put another bullet in each of them.
w6kru

Post by w6kru »

Hi Jeff! I saw that as well. I made the assumption that the head shots were the only wounds because that was they mentioned in the early reports. It still seems a little odd though as I would think they would have been wearing vests but maybe that is a bad assumption as well.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

From everything I hear about Oakland, it seems inadvisable that they would wear anything except military-grade body armor (including helmets).
PStuart

Post by PStuart »

I'm sure the vests are a requirement, as this day in age almost all departments, at least in California require officers to wear them.