"National" Private Security Service

General area for posting frequencies and talkgroups for San Diego County. In this forum you will find some of the most up-to-date frequency/talkgroup notes and information about newly discovered systems.
rvltch

"National" Private Security Service

Post by rvltch »

I haven't been able to find its name anywhere and the frequency allocated.

They are fairly professional compared to many priv security companies. The guards are uniformed, armed and they have computers in their green (a bit old...)vehicles. The company patrols the Casa Dorada condominiums in San Diego.

Does anyone have a their frequency? The radios appear to be UHF and conventional but I could have that wrong.

Thanks!

Richard L
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

Um, you think it might help us help you if you told us the name of the agency? 'A private security company' isn't anything to go on.

Just as a guess, they're probably on one of the LTR UHF commercial shared trunking systems, if they're using UHF.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

http://scandiego.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... t=security
http://scandiego.com/phpBB/viewtopic.ph ... t=security

Best guess based on the details given ("National", Private Security, Armed, Green Vehicles)- http://www.nationalpublicsafety.com/pictures.htm

This question doesn't require a rocket science degree or psychic powers to answer.
rvltch

Thanks!

Post by rvltch »

N6ATF has got it! That's looks to be them and thank-you for the website.

I'm glad you picked out the "agency's name"! I thought that I had made it clear.

Thanks again,

Richard KD6JAV
dangitdoug

Hardly professional

Post by dangitdoug »

If your definition of "professional" is having one of your armed, uniformed guards arrested for dui, hit & run, fleeing from police in neat looking green marked vehicle and carrying a firearm with no permit, then by all means call them "professional".

This company is the Britney Spears Train Wreck of the security industry.
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

Fine, you're right, I shan't try to help anymore. I gave up the 'psychic answers' game.
rvltch

Britney Spears?

Post by rvltch »

Britney Spears!

Ha, ha! That's harsh... and funny.

Normally, the guard services I see are unarmed, shirt-uniformed only and being paid minimum wage. I've never run into a rent-a-cop service with a mounted patrol.

Thanks all for your help; you too N6IMN!

Now, who has a good reference source for someone who has returned to scanning after a 10-year hiatus?

Richard L KD6JAV
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Um, you think it might help us help you if you told us the name of the agency? 'A private security company' isn't anything to go on.
The point is you didn't have to play the psychic answers game, just be a little more observant of the details given and less harsh towards a newbie.

Because so many security companies have whacker vehicles and generic decals/lettering, I don't get flabbergasted when newbies ask a question with just a few unique identifiers like rvltch did. NPS has been mentioned in those two threads I linked, the first of which should be familiar to you.

I don't have memory like an elephant, either.
n2deep

Re: Hardly professional

Post by n2deep »

dangitdoug wrote:If your definition of "professional" is having one of your armed, uniformed guards arrested for dui, hit & run, fleeing from police in neat looking green marked vehicle and carrying a firearm with no permit, then by all means call them "professional".

This company is the Britney Spears Train Wreck of the security industry.
Here is the recorded audio of that pursuit if anyone is interested

http://media.putfile.com/SDPD-Security-Guard-Pursuit
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Hahah great, thanks.