RCS East, Imperial, and BLM/USFS

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
dbelleperc

RCS East, Imperial, and BLM/USFS

Post by dbelleperc »

I went out to East Imperial County this last weekend and went to the Imperial County Sand Dunes for a little weekend get away. So I took the RS Pro-96 with the latest firware and the 800 MHZ antenna and had the RCS East, North, and Falicity site programed in all with open banks so I could receive anything. Much to my suprise I had 99% signal strength for the RCS East and picked up Lemon Grove, Santee, and Poway Sheriff, I also got CHP El Cajon, and El Cajon PD. Mind you I was only 20 miles from the Arizona Border. With the North I was getting 72-99% strength and listened on and off. The Falicity site I just received ICSO East tac's, ICSO, and East Tac's.

The ICSO was there with their trailer and a couple of units but did not really do anything except collect payment for the permits. They had their 800MHZ RCS radio's but were not on the Falicity site so I didn't pick them up at all. If anyone has an idea to which site they were on that would be great. So I can listen next time.

Also who was there was the BLM (Bureau of Land Management) with their trailer too and the USFS for Park Rangers/Police, and Fire/EMS. I believe they were on there own freq (conv.) I don't know if it was shared with the USFS or if they too have a system there. They has Rural/Metro from Yuma for transport to Yuma Regonal. If anyone cares to chime in about the BLM Freq that would be great too.
pocho

Post by pocho »

From El Centro, I typically receive ICSO East/Tacs (and dune ops) primarily on 858.2000/Black Mountain. You could try that next time you're out in that area.

You should have been able to hear them on the Felicity site though, since I believe dune ops are carried on ICSO East/Tacs.
w6pix

BLM LAW

Post by w6pix »

I always hear BLM law traffic in the desert.. I think I hear it on 2, but not sure.. there are also mexicans on them, at least from the city.

11 BLM LAW1 168.1500 CSQ BUREAU OF LAND MGMT LAW
12 BLM LAW2 166.7500 CSQ BUREAU OF LAND MGMT LAW
13 BLM LAW3 166.4750 CSQ BUREAU OF LAND MGMT LAW
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

168.1500 103.5 is Cleveland National Forest Law Net. BLM has a couple channels I know of -

166.3750 103.5 as Admin Net
166.7500 131.8 as Law Net

I've heard fire dispatches on 166.3750 and pursuits on 166.7500 so they sound accurate. BLM will also pop up on the RCS. I've heard Borrego units talking on SO Rural Dispatch and identifying as 86 BLM.