RCS South in Campo

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
dangitdoug

RCS South in Campo

Post by dangitdoug »

I went up to Campo to program a friend's new 2096 this weekend. Once all was said and done, we were able to hear the RCS East with no problem. However, I was getting nothing on the RCS South. I entered the following CCs 867.9125, 868.075, 868.1375, 868.4125 with no success. I then added the CCs for Campo 862.2 and 863.150. Still no success. TGIDs entered are for CHP and SDSO Station 50.

Also did a CC signal check in manual mode. no signal heard. My guess is a need for external antenna mounting and/or signal booster for the unit.

Actual location is across the street from Campo Elementary School on Buckman Springs Rd.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks guys

:?: Doug K
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

The South Cell covers about as far east as Descanso on the north side and just off Highway 94 before you turn to Tecate on the south end. Anything east of that is on the East Cell. The "Campo Site" is now part of the East Cell simulcast.

You will hear Station 50 (Santee) every now and then on the East Cell when units affiliate with it, but other than that you're only going to hear Rural units (and 99% of the time Poway units). Make sure you program both Poway and Rural channels since they're usually simulcast.
dangitdoug

Update

Post by dangitdoug »

We did begin receiving CHP on the East Zone before I headed back to town. Still no SDSO units, but I'll have to have her try the Poway and Rural TGIDs.

Still no traffic at all on the South Zone.

Keep the input coming folks. No such thing as too much help.

Thanks

Doug K
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I agree with Mikey. I think all you will be able to hear is the East Zone. You'll be able to hear CHP and SDSO Rural Units along with the Poway Units due to Rural and Poway Disp being patched. Of course you'll get Heartland and the Mutual Aid TG's as well. Not sure what will happen if you install an antenna outside as I'm not too familiar with those. I would also program CDF and USFS. Should be a busy season.
dangitdoug

Success

Post by dangitdoug »

:D

Added TGIDs for Poway and Rural. Hearing clearly on East Zone.

Thanks guys, excellent info.

Doug K
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

When I'm up in the mountains, the south zone pops in and out.. There are places way east that you can hear it.. it's hit and miss. Same for SDCity... Last time I went east on 8, I had the city coming in and out all the way to Pine Valley.. after that, it's pretty much gone..

Once you're past Sun Rise and 8, it gets real doubtful from there, both South and CitySd

CAMPO

Post by 31 »

I haven't gone east in a while but from camppo you should only get two control channels reliably the east simulcast and the Jacumba intilli site on the county line.
mike

Post by mike »

It might be a dead spot thats why your not getting signal just trying to help.