Signal Stalker or Close Call help in el Cajon

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

I have more detailed info on that incident, but I'd rather not post it here. E-mail me with a number and we can touch base by phone if you want more info on that knucklehead.

Doug K

[email protected]
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

I'll post the details. He got off WAY too easy in my opinion.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib ... igley.html
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

SDnative wrote:I don't remember who the guy worked for, but it was his own private vehicle that he was using, which had more equipment than some departments have.
He used to work for me.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

All I can say is MORON
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

Okay, now that we have got way off topic, can anyone help me with my original request?

Doug K
Steele

Post by Steele »

Timothy Higley Worked for Metropolitan Security.
I personally heard his abuses while listening to their radio comm.’s
Another Security guard Co. that has no FCC registration.
I found them the old Fashioned way I started searching and found them in the 460.000 range.
461.7 at first, and then on 463.85 Tone 114.8 .
His car a used police cruiser Looked pretty good but wasn’t all that, he was always complaining That it was breaking down on him.
And the two radios that where in His ride, one was an RS 2066 a good radio but not stellar and the second was a UHF work radio.
And yes he should have gotten a much stiffer sentence due to the malicious intent that I heard come from his radio.
One day I heard ABLE run his Crown Vic, it came back to Metro.
Do you think that he ever got the car back? Isn’t there a law against having a car That looks like law enforcement?

Steele 8)
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

There are currently no companies in California properly licensed using the Metropolitan name. Anyone can check license status by going to the Department of Consumer Affairs website.

Uniforms must be different colors and badges & logos must be different shapes than those used by law enforcement locally. Obviously, you can't use the black & white paint scheme, but the type of vehicle is not regulated as far as I know.
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

SDnative wrote:There are currently no companies in California properly licensed using the Metropolitan name. Anyone can check license status by going to the Department of Consumer Affairs website.

Uniforms must be different colors and badges & logos must be different shapes than those used by law enforcement locally. Obviously, you can't use the black & white paint scheme, but the type of vehicle is not regulated as far as I know.
http://www2.dca.ca.gov/pls/wllpub/WLLQR ... LTE_ID=653

They are registered with DCA.
They also have their own website. www.metropublicsafetey.org

Now, I will ask again. Can anyone help with my original question or should I direct us off topic to some other silly subject?
You people are so easily distracted.

Doug K