Steve Foley

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

PStuart wrote:His passenger (girlfriend) appeared in court today. They're obviously going to play the "didn't know he was a cop" card and most likely get away with it. Apparently, the girlfriend also has a felony warrant out of northern CA for 10851... sounds like a pair of winners.
Myself being close to 23 and getting into a law enforcement career, its horror stories like these that make me nervous!
A lesson I learned from a retired SDSO captain that I worked for for many years.

Don't be afraid to make a decision. Whether you decide to act or not, make a decision and be sure you have a valid reason for that decision. One of the worst answers you can ever give for your actions is "I'm not sure why I did that."

This has been the single most important lesson I have learned in over 16 years of security work.

Good Luck to you in your career.

Doug K
jp186

Post by jp186 »

I don't think it matters if you fire warning shots near occupied houses or the middle of the desert. As I understand it, warning shots are not permitted at all. Once you decide to fire your weapon, it is to kill.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Blanks.
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

jp186 wrote:I don't think it matters if you fire warning shots near occupied houses or the middle of the desert. As I understand it, warning shots are not permitted at all. Once you decide to fire your weapon, it is to kill.
Somebody correct me if I am wrong.
There isn't an instructor in his right mind that would ever teach "Shoot to Kill". You are trained to "Shoot to Stop the Threat". Lawyers would have done away with police long ago if they were trained to "Shoot to Kill"

Doug K
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Lawyers would have done away with police long ago if they were trained to "Shoot to Kill"
Lawyers can afford more guns, anyway.