Security Company

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
mike

Security Company

Post by mike »

Just was curious if anyone knew who the security company is that uses the frequency 461.475 anyone know any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
PStuart

Post by PStuart »

What area do they operate? What kind of traffic are you hearing?
mike

Post by mike »

sounds like chula vista and the dispatch says station 21 clear.
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

Probably EPA K9 out of El Cajon. They have several accounts in South Bay. I'll monitor to be sure. I worked for them for a short while last year. I'll let you know for sure in a couple days.

Doug K :!:
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

OK, It is EPA. I had a chance to listen for awhile at work. 401P is a patrol unit. All others on the air are standing posts. There was a second patrol unit (423P), but I have not heard that callsign yet. Sounds like they are down to one patrol route.

They have some of the nicest patrol vehicles of any private security company I've seen. Fully equipped Police Interceptors including Vector lightbars and cages. Mobile radios are Motorola 1550's, patrol portables are Sabers. Standing officers have many different radios. All are countywide duplex and simplex talkaround for on site or patrol to site comm needs. :!: :!:
mike

Post by mike »

thanks for all the help I really appreciate it thanks also I was wondering does anyone have any pics of the patrol vehicles?
mike

Post by mike »

did you mean EPA as in the Environmental Protection Agency?
jp186

Post by jp186 »

Hey Mike....what Chula Vista Station do you work at as a firefighter?
I have a friend named Mike who works for CVFD as a Battalion Chief. I will make sure to ask about you!
mike

Post by mike »

at station one.I know one of the captains Ron Hopkins and several other firefighters as well. Sorry bout all the confusion :)
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

mike wrote:did you mean EPA as in the Environmental Protection Agency?
Full name is: EPA K9 & Investigative Services
EPA is for Executive Protection Associates :!: