Fleetmaps

Ongoing discussions regarding other fire dispatching in San Diego County including Heartland, NorthComm, Monte Vista, etc. Topics about general wildland fire scanning are also welcome here.
Rescue Pooh

Re: Fleetmaps

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Yeah I always wondered why they never made a zone for ILF. Glad they have one now. Wonder if there are plans to have them do what North Comm is doing? The other thing I find weird is how they dispatch Barona and put them on ILF TG's.
jp186

Post by jp186 »

Rescue Pooh wrote:The other thing I find weird is how they dispatch Barona and put them on ILF TG's.
That is because of the sketchy coverage for the South Zone talkgroups on the reservation. It was better to use Zone 8 talkgroups, which tend to have better rural coverage.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Tks JP.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Alright came up with a couple of questions looking at the conversion chart. First is Heartland getting rid of each individual angencies admin channels and just using Admin 4A and Admin 5B? And next what is GIL? GIL Tac 4J and GIL CMD 4K the old South Tac 7 and South Cmd 4.

Post by 800 »

Rescue Pooh wrote:Alright came up with a couple of questions looking at the conversion chart. First is Heartland getting rid of each individual angencies admin channels and just using Admin 4A and Admin 5B? And next what is GIL? GIL Tac 4J and GIL CMD 4K the old South Tac 7 and South Cmd 4.
Zone 16 on the fleetmap is the individual agency "local channels." The various individual agency admin TGs would appear there, and not in the common San Diego County-wide fire fleetmap (Zones 1-14).

GIL Tac 4J and GIL CMD 4K are for use at Gillespie Field.

Don
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Thanks Don. I assume where it says agency between med air and the p's is where they'll put those TG's. Do you know the TG's for 7p, 8p and 9p? Has anyone been able to verify the TG's that JP posted on the 27th?

Post by 800 »

Rescue Pooh wrote:Thanks Don. I assume where it says agency between med air and the p's is where they'll put those TG's. Do you know the TG's for 7p, 8p and 9p? Has anyone been able to verify the TG's that JP posted on the 27th?
I think you are misunderstanding me. The agency admin TGs would go into 16a-16p along with whatever else the agency desires.
I don't have the TG ID for 7p/8p/9p (it's the same TG).

Don
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Ok I understand that part now. I'm confused on Heartland's chart it has the word agency in between med air and the p channel on 3, 4 and 5. Wondering if that's just going to be a blank TG?

Post by 800 »

Rescue Pooh wrote:Ok I understand that part now. I'm confused on Heartland's chart it has the word agency in between med air and the p channel on 3, 4 and 5. Wondering if that's just going to be a blank TG?
Ah. Now I understand the question.
Yes, that is a place keeper for an agency-specified TG.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Thanks for all the help Don.