Chatterboxes

Ongoing discussions regarding other fire dispatching in San Diego County including Heartland, NorthComm, Monte Vista, etc. Topics about general wildland fire scanning are also welcome here.
ChrisK

Chatterboxes

Post by ChrisK »

Has anyone else noticed that whenever a call involves the Palomar Mountain VFD there is at least double the normal amount of radio traffic?

I'll bet Heartland was glad to turn them over to Monte Vista.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I have noticed they talk a lot.
jp186

Post by jp186 »

Almost as bad as the firefighter from Ocotillo Wells (8905 I think) who calls CHP and SDSO almost daily on County Call to report almost anything. Speeders, disabled vehicles, fights he is involved in with his neighbors, etc.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

LMFAO
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

That's true JP Ocotillo Wells talks a lot as well.

Re: Chatterboxes

Post by 31 »

Heartland loves chatter on the command channels because they bill extra for that if your over a percentage of ptt to call ratio. A lot of agencys have slowly left because of that and other issues.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I just recently heard that. They charge everytime you hit the PTT.

Post by 31 »

Heartland fire dispatch fees are EXPENSIVE for the quality of service you get ! They are allways short handed on dispatchers, The paging system from the console is down more than its up, MDT`S don't work most of the time oh and did i forget to mention that station alerting is done through a VPN through cox cable and its down most of the time with out a wireless backup. But thats just my 2cents.

Post by 31 »

OOPs I for got status messaging was to streamline things so a dispatcher didnt have to talk or type so much and its broke most of the time and now the dispatchers have to spend the time re setting station alerting, status messaging,mdt`s and so on they would of done better with out technologh?