SD Fire

Topics about scanning the San Diego Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other SDFD related material.
pcell61

SD Fire

Post by pcell61 »

For some unknown reason, my scanner doesnt pick up SD Fire dispatch (5008), the other id's are fine I can hear the engines/medics responding to calls. I checked and double check the frequency list and truck id's but nothing seems to fix it. I know its not working because I have another scanner which picks up that trunk id just fine and when my scanner scans doesnt pick that one up. Any suggestions ( Yes by the way its not locked out either )

Phil :lol:
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Are you using one of the older trunk trackers? The older versions (trunk tracker 1) didn't follow the status bit correctly.

A status bit is set when certain things are happening. For example, two talkgroups patched together, ET, and various other things (I will post a complete list in the MISC INFO site later today.)

Anyway, in this case there is some odd patching going on the last few months. Not sure what it is but if you add the following talkgroups to you scan list you should catch them all.

I'm not 100% sure on the very last one if I remember it correctly. I will veryify that this evening when I get home.

If you enter all of those talkgroups, you will hear the dispatch(5008) on one of them.

The newer generations of trunk trackers handle the status bits correctly and the talkgroup ID changes are transparaent to the user.

On another note, if you DO have a newer trunk tracker and this is still happening, go to the MENU and make sure STATUS BIT = ON for each trunk system as having this OFF will result in the same behaviour as described for "older" trunk trackers.

Let us know if this helps.
pcell61

Post by pcell61 »

I appreciate your help and I will add those following trunk ID's thanks a bunch...

Phil :D

Post by Guest »

And 2nd'ly I have a radio shack pro 2050 trunk tracker...fyi.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

I've never really used Radio Shack scanners. Is that one of the earlier models from them?
thefish

Re: SD Fire

Post by thefish »

For some unknown reason, my scanner doesnt pick up SD Fire dispatch (5008), the other id's are fine I can hear the engines/medics responding to calls. Phil

SDFD recently started patching Dispatch (7A - 5008) and Admin (7B - ????). Seems that too many folks were monitoring Admin and missing dispatches, or trying to call Dispatch on Admin while Dispatch was trying to Dispatch. This is probably the reason for the status bit.

John
shepsradio

SDFD

Post by shepsradio »

Seems to me the San Diego system is a "splinter" and needs to be programmed as such in some scanners.
mredcamera

Fire 5008

Post by mredcamera »

On the Digital Scanners it is still 5008. But on the Analog scanners its a PATCH of both analog and digital ID'S. I added 4 different ID's to my Analog scanners to be safe. Sometimes the Dispatch will send Alert tone on one ID, then the voice dispatch will go out on another. Will post the I'Ds Later cause I Don't have Scanners with me now. 8)
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

BTW, I think I posted one wrong TG. The correct "status bit" channels for the older scanners are:

4695 5175 5015

I beleive I put 4395 earlier.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

I have 4688 also in for dispatch.