SDFD Radio Transmissions

Topics about scanning the San Diego Fire Department. Here you can find regularly updated information about new stations, apparatus, news and other SDFD related material.
codethree

SDFD Radio Transmissions

Post by codethree »

Is it just me or is 7-A "dropping out" in the middle of transmissions? This seemed to start about a week ago, with the carrier dropping for just a second in mid-transmisson. I haven't had the problem on other TGs or systems.
mike

Post by mike »

I hear sdfd dispatch and during transmissions it will cut out sometime.
ChrisK

Post by ChrisK »

I'm getting the same thing. Sometimes the dispatcher even pauses like he/she is aware of the cutouts. Sometime they even start over.
hodad200

Post by hodad200 »

the uniden radios drop em out, but it seems the astros do not.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

My RS scanners are dropping also.
mike

Post by mike »

this problem just happened recently all the other times I monitored sdfd the signal came in fine maybe its a repeater signal malfunction or interference of some sort anyway I heard a while back that the city of san diego is going to get a new radio system to replace the old one although I think some of the sdfd use the xts radios.
N6766J

Post by N6766J »

When this thread was initially posted, there was an outage of an Encanto node on the city 800 system. It should have affected for the just Dispatch or Admin, though. The primary problem was extremely low volume.