SDPD Eastern on LE N Tac3

This forum is used for topics that specifically relate to the San Diego Police Department. Post here for topics about general SDPD scanning, information and terminology.
SDnative

SDPD Eastern on LE N Tac3

Post by SDnative »

Does anyone know why SDPD Eastern was patched to LE North TAC3 last night :?: The traffic I heard was normal calls, no assistance with others or special details. Maybe someone forget it was patched :?
Brian

Post by Brian »

In the evening hours(4:pm - 6:pm) a SDPD officer was doing a coverage check with his Handheld radio to see how the 'City System' was working in the San Pasqual area. The SDPD officer drove the whole hwy78 from Wild Animal Park to Ramona to test city system. Then he was checking Bandy Canyon Rd for the coverage too.

plus the SDPD officer MDC wasn't working full time too.. his two lights on the unit was doing something (not connected to the system to receive messages)

To answer you question... I don't know why it was still patched all night/midnight.
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

That makes sense. It was between 7 & 8pm that I heard it.

Whenever there is an incident near the WAP, they always have problems, police & fire. Maybe the City needs a small tower for the north north end.
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

I heard the dispatcher give those instructions to officers on that problem. She said one of the transmitters in the area was down. Officers were instructed to use the RCS TGID for handhelds. Mobile radios were still expected to work in the affected area.

Doug K :!: