Trunk ID's

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.
Skylab

Trunk ID's

Post by Skylab »

Hello. I've heard alot of activity on the North RCS talkgroup 37891

None of the ID listings online identify which agency uses this number.

Also, Poway Dispatch 34544 never has any activity on it, yet I always here activity on their TAC channel. Have they changed ID #'s?

Rural Dispatch 34560 seems to be quiet 24/7. and the CHP El Cajon talkgroup 38883 doesn't seem to be used anymore.

Any and all info is much appreciated.

Thanks.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

I'll have to check out Poway and make sure there is no typo there.

As for CHP, they bounce around on what they're using from week to week it seems... They'll be back on it.

37891 is not a valid talkgroup number on a Motorola system. It has status bits in it, so it may be a patch or one of the other status bits.

Rural is funny, since it's all east zone. If there are no radios dialed to that talkgroup and affilated with a south zone tower, then the s zone won't carry it. It all has to "come into place" for you to hear it on the S or N zone. If you can program up an east zone, depending on where you are.. perhaps Cuyamaca and the particular site you choose is, at the time, carrying it, you can hear it. That's the drawback for scanner users on a SmartZone system.
Skylab

Post by Skylab »

Thanks for your help. I've been using the search function on the scanner and anytime an ID # comes up that's digital and not in memory, I've been trying to track down who it belongs to.

There are still a few out there that I can't figure out.

34515 (lots of activity on this one)

58792 (must be a patch or and ID error)

14160 it's in the RCS master list, but there is no description for it.

Thanks again...

Let me know if there's anything you need. :D

Skylab
KF6VGZ
jp186

Post by jp186 »

34515 is actually 34512 "North Marshals Dispatch" patched.
14160 is "Survey Tac 1", county survey people.
37891 is 37888 (CHP) patched.

Jeff
Skylab

Post by Skylab »

Many thanks.

I'm using the ARC250 software to program the scanner...it's the best!

Any ideas on what Poway's PD dispatch ID # is?
jp186

Post by jp186 »

Poway contracts with SDSO. 34544 is Poway Dispatch.
Skylab

Post by Skylab »

Checked the ID # again, 34544, Poway Dispatch...zero transmissions heard on this talkgroup. *scratches head* Can anyone CONFIRM activity on this ID?

Thanks again.
Skylab

Post by Skylab »

34547 is now Poway dispatch.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Skylab wrote:34547 is now Poway dispatch.
That's not a valid Motorola Talkgroup ID. What is happening here is that that talkgroup is patched to something else. 34544 + 3 bits = 34547.

Check in your scanner menu on your RCS N system and make sure STATUS BIT = ON (assuming a Bearcat) I don't know how the Radio Shack scanners do it.

Since this group is patched to something, apparently all the time, you never heard anything on it because your scanner is not handling the status bits correctly. I've always heard traffic on it the times you report not.

I suspect that is the cause of this issue.

If you remember back to the "old days" with the BC 235 that could not handle status bits, whenever SDPD would patch two talkgroups you would loose everything. I used to quickly search mode for the new "id" (the original + status bits) to lock on.

For a complete list of status bit settings, go to the listings section of ScanDiego.com and check under /\/\otorola Status Bits

Also, you can validate talkgroups by dividing them by 16. If it divides evenly, that is a valid talkgroup ID. If it is not even, you have found a patch group. Every base talkgroup WILL divide even by 16. Motorola radios are programmed with HEX numbers and are HEX based. Hex is a 16 base counting system.
Skylab

Post by Skylab »

You must be correct! I have two Uniden scanners.

BC895XLT
and
BC796D

There was a hostage situation in El Cajon today, and the patch channel was Special Investigation Unit 1

The TG ID# on the older scanner was 3795

but on the new digital scanner I was hearing the same transmissions on TG# 3792

I'll have to check the status bit...pretty sure it's turned on.

But still, I can hear Poway Dispatch now...I don't really care what # it is...but that also means I could be missing alot of other cool stuff because the scanner won't hear it! Doh!

Thanks again,

Craig™

KF6VGZ