Imperial County Talk Groups

Come here to talk about the San Diego and Imperial County Regional Communications System. This is a great resource to share talkgroups and information about the countywide RCS.

Post by 31 »

Any one In ear shot of the valley IE: imperial valley that is monitoring to ID any of the talk groups that are active that we still havnt figured out yet? I was in Brawley the other day it was too hot to stay and monitor
but i saw several active ones.
pocho

Post by pocho »

It was only 113°F that day! just kidding. Are there any specific talkgroups you want to know about? It seems that they're all pretty much contained in the master list already.

pocho

Talk Groups

Post by 31 »

I thought I had most in trunker but while I was there I was seeing new ones pop up all have to double check?

Re: New talk group ID / ID's for Imperial County Sheriff - Imperial County Fire

Post by 800 »

unidenbearcatcool wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:03 am Imperial County Fire
Talk Group ID: 911 - "IFM Med Air"
-- overheard both REACH Air and MERCY AIR refer to this channel/talk group as "IM Med Air" or "IFM Med Air" while talking to fire units on the ground. I believe the following fire departments have this programmed in their radios as a tactical channel or an interoperability channel, Brawley; Calexico; Calipatria; El Centro; Holtville; Niland; and Westmoreland.

Imperial County Fire
Talk Group ID: 981 - County Call
-- overheard fire fighter from Engine 7 or Engine 9 use the channel or talk group sometime in March 2020. He called El Centro 2 and asked for a radio check. All fire departments listed above I would assume have this channel or talk group

Imperial County Fire
Talk Group ID: 367 - IFM Tac 5
-- overheard El Centro 2 assign this channel/talk group to Engine 7 as the engine responded to a brush fire.Odd how the dispatcher decides who/what unit is incident command person.
None of these are new TGs.

TG 911 is actually "IM Med Air" and is a Countywide TG.
TG 981 is actually "IM CoCall" and is in the IMA (Imperial Mutual Aid) zone, loaded in every IVECA radio (and many San Diego county users' radios).
unidenbearcatcool

Re: New talk group ID / ID's for Imperial County Sheriff - Imperial County Fire

Post by unidenbearcatcool »

new talk group to me, and, possibly others that rely solely on the radio reference information. It appears to be difficult to find on this 'scan diego' web site. please point me in the direction of where to find the information that is 'programmed' into the IVECA radios. I believe, should not be similar to pulling teeth when finding any all all functional talk groups and frequencies.
unidenbearcatcool

Re: Imperial County Talk Groups

as of April 29 2020 - it appears as though this portion of the scan diego website has all been forgotten. So, as a resident of Imperial County with a 3 week old BCD 436 HP, perhaps it's time to start offering your thought or opinion as a receiver/scanner user and not a person employed with access to a P25 transceiver with 'zones' or 'channels'. Of course, if your employer says it is within your job description to carry a portable radio or have a dash mounted radio actively connected to the San Diego - Imperial County Next Generation RCS - - - the probability of this employee being a member of scandiego.com is pretty slim. I certainly welcome any city,county, state or federal employee that has free time to offer what 'channels' are on your radio, and/or what zones are on your radio.

I did create a post on the forum portion of the website - to then discover - someone had taken the time to create a post labeled or titled 'Imperial County Talk Groups'

I will attempt to copy / paste my posting from elsewhere and create a posting here.

I apologize in advance for listing it elsewhere ...

I also apologize for seeking knowledge, for dotting my I's and crossing my T's ... for seeking factual knowledge

the fact is that we that have a police scanner for hobby purposes (maybe)

and, this receiver/police scanner needs all correct information -- correct frequencies / correct talk groups ...in order for the item to receive properly.

I invite most everyone to offer his/her list of talk group ID's .... share what you have and compare notes

of course, if one or two members of this site already have the functioning talk groups for every agency on the NexGen RCS, please be kind enough to share your knowledge about Imperial County agencies that can be monitored.

Thanks
unidenbearcatcool

Re: Imperial County Talk Groups

I will now offer what was posted elsewhere on the forum .... once posted here- I will delete it from the other forum page ...

Imperial County Fire
Talk Group ID: 911 - "IFM Med Air"
-- overheard both REACH Air and MERCY AIR refer to this channel/talk group as "IM Med Air" or "IFM Med Air" while talking to fire units on the ground. I believe the following fire departments have this programmed in their radios as a tactical channel or an interoperability channel, Brawley; Calexico; Calipatria; El Centro; Holtville; Niland; and Westmoreland.

Imperial County Fire
Talk Group ID: 981 - County Call
-- overheard fire fighter from Engine 7 or Engine 9 use the channel or talk group sometime in March 2020. He called El Centro 2 and asked for a radio check. All fire departments listed above I would assume have this channel or talk group

Imperial County Fire
Talk Group ID: 367 - IFM Tac 5
-- overheard El Centro 2 assign this channel/talk group to Engine 7 as the engine responded to a brush fire.Odd how the dispatcher decides who/what unit is incident command person.
unidenbearcatcool

Holtville Fire Dispatch on TG: 2549

monitoring Superstition, Black Mountain, Northeast Simul, and Salton City transmitters - RCS system

today, Friday May 8 2020 - 9:38 am,

Holtville Fire was dispatched to a call and unit 3661 responded.

so, considering Holtville is a small community, does Police and Fire dispatch on the same talk group (channel)?

do they have Dispatch 1 and Dispatch 2 talk groups?

Now guessing or assuming I miss out on a lot of radio traffic due to not picking up the transmitters at El Centro Comm Center, listed as ICSO on the RCS NexGen, not picking up Brawley , Calexico or one other unless I walk around the house interior while looking the 'signal strength' indicator on the scanner.
unidenbearcatcool

Imperial County Talk Groups - Imp Cnty Mutual Aid channel

another unknown to me talk group. a talk group/channel that was overheard/monitored by me. I have not seen this listed on this website or the R R dot com site. The fire employee of Imperial County requested the other unit change over to 'County Call Tactical One'. AKA 'County Call Tac 1'. As my previous posting clearly stated - this description of the channel being used is being reported, based on the audio traffic heard. I'm not claiming the information or being one that knows 100 percent what the channel/talk group is. So, anyone interested in the 'talk group' number or channel used for County Call Tac 1 - please use the contact button and send a message. I would also like to give an email for contact - in case - you are viewing this website and have yet to become an approved user-member. Waiting on admin for email posting approval.
unidenbearcatcool

here it is, May 31,2020 -- and an amazing occurrence has transpired. A receiver/police scanner user decided to share most of his/her functional - working - correct talk group numbers. This unknown person has taken the time to 'submit' this list of channels/talk groups to Radio Reference dot com. Thanks for sharing - it helps ! Thanks to the R R dot com database admin team person - 'inigo88' , for taking the volunteer time and making the corrections. I am curious if any of the Motorola Solutions team offered information - or - a radio tech/field tech/microwave tech 'team member' of the San Diego Imperial RCS P25 Phase 2 system .... decided to share? maybe we will never know