MERCY AIR (AirMethods) News Item.

Forum for miscellaneous and non scanning related discussions. You can post about anything here, just keep it family friendly. Off-topic posts may also get moved to this forum.
Brian

MERCY AIR (AirMethods) News Item.

Post by Brian »

2 Items:

Air Methods Announces Agreement to Acquire FSS Airholdings, Inc., Parent Company of CJ Systems Aviation Group, Inc.
CJ is one of the larger private companies providing air medical transport services in the country
http://www.airmethods.com/content/index.cfm?
fuseaction=showPressRelease&newsReleaseID=1034265

Sky Connect’s Iridium-based voice and tracking communications system has been selected by Air Methods
Sky Connect’s TRACKER system enables helicopter dispatch centers to follow aircraft progress in real time. The system sends secure position, altitude, airspeed and heading data plus other operational status reports selected by the crew.
http://www.shephard.co.uk/Rotorhub/Defa ... 1fa7e21041
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OuterLink Upgrades Air Methods’ Community-Based Services Fleet to Its OuterLink CP-3i Mobile Asset Management Platform

OuterLink Voice Messaging Panel improves communication on over 100 aircraft
Air Medical Transport Conference
http://home.businesswire.com/portal/sit ... ewsLang=en

TAMPA, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--OuterLink Corporation, a mobile asset management solutions provider, today announced the purchase and initial delivery of OuterLink’s CP-3i satcom data terminal with the OuterLink Voice Messaging Panel (OVP) upgrade to Air Methods Corporation (Nasdaq: AIRM), a leader in emergency aeromedical transportation and medical services. Air Methods will upgrade its fleet of over 100 community-based aircraft to the OuterLink CP-3i mobile asset management platform from the previous version of its standard satcom data terminal offering.

The OVP works in tandem with the OuterLink CP-3i satcom data terminal, OuterLink’s mobile asset management platform, to provide a voice messaging system via the aircraft’s audio distribution system. OuterLink’s CP-3i is the first OuterLink platform to support two-way voice messaging and was a driving force behind Air Methods’ decision to upgrade its community based fleet. Air Methods will leverage the OVP to increase operational control of all U.S.-based aircraft from its main headquarters located in Englewood, CO and from its dispatch center in Omaha, NE.

“Air Methods relies on innovative technologies and services to deliver life saving transportation of critical patients,” said David Dolstein, senior vice president, community-based services, Air Methods Corporation. “By upgrading to the OuterLink CP-3i with the OuterLink Voice Messaging Panel, we are able to more effectively dispatch aircraft and maintain the best operational control throughout the entire flight. The ability to scale the level of collected data and system functionality also played a role in our decision to continue to partner with OuterLink for our mobile asset tracking and communication solutions.”

OuterLink Corporation’s satellite-based mobile asset management solutions provide secure, real-time location tracking and two-way messaging to strategically manage air, land and marine vehicles. OuterLink solutions enhance the safety and visibility of routine travel and, enable effective crisis readiness, response and recovery missions. The OuterLink CP-3i is an integral part of the OuterLink solution and represents the next generation of mobile asset management.

Installed in fixed- and rotor-wing aircraft, the CP-3i transmits real-time aircraft location updates, messages, and in-flight data to an operations center and, features eight discrete sensor input ports and eight discrete actuator output ports for interfacing to various aircraft systems. Each input port may trigger a transmission upon change of state, cause emergency transmissions, or report events such as “wheels up,” “engine over temp,”or “door unlocked.”

“OuterLink has served as Air Methods’ mobile asset tracking partner for seven years. We have worked hard to monitor and respond to their needs and are delighted to extend our relationship with them,” said Andrew Joseph, CEO of OuterLink Corporation. “We will continue to anticipate our clients’ requirements and deliver market solutions to improve the safety and effectiveness of their businesses. OuterLink is committed to maintaining its position as the most in-demand mobile asset tracking solution in the aeromedical transportation and medical services industry.”

About Air Methods
Air Methods Corporation (www.airmethods.com) is a leader in emergency aeromedical transportation and medical services. The Hospital Based Services Division is the largest provider of air medical transport services for hospitals. The Community Based Services Division is one of the largest community-based providers of air medical services. The Products Division specializes in the design and manufacture of aeromedical and aerospace technology. The Company's fleet of owned, leased or maintained aircraft features over 200 helicopters and fixed wing aircraft.

About OuterLink
OuterLink is a privately held company. For more information visit OuterLink at www.outerlink.com.