Check out the new Choppers!!!

Forum for miscellaneous and non scanning related discussions. You can post about anything here, just keep it family friendly. Off-topic posts may also get moved to this forum.

Check out the new Choppers!!!

Post by 967 »

on signonsandiego.com.

Really cool video and small interviews, short but very cool.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/metr ... index.html
hodad200

Post by hodad200 »

short? that was sweet! this is short.

http://www.fox6.com/mediacenter/default ... o.fox6.com

the best thing about pursuit video from ABLE is the dispatcher/pilot and TFO track.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Something else new with the copters (at least I don't recall them ever doing this with the old ones) was ABLE's ability to "simulcast" itself to two different radios. There was a chase the other night that originated in Coronado and ended up on I-5 near the 52. At one point ABLE said something to the effect of "We'll patch ourselves" then proceeded to call the chase while simulcasting on the Orange (39.4000) and on LE S Cmd (which was patched to Coronado Disp 1 and a SDPD Tac).
hodad200

Post by hodad200 »

maybe the TFO just held down both transmit buttons lol.

hopefully someone from ASU can chime in...
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Yeah I thought about that too, but there was a "tone" at the end of their transmissions that made me think it was something else
hodad200

Post by hodad200 »

that cool "beepbeeep?" yeah, i was just hoping one of the zooms would answer up.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

hodad200 wrote:maybe the TFO just held down both transmit buttons lol.

hopefully someone from ASU can chime in...
The new Wulfsberg radio (cost more than your new car) pretty much can TX and RX from lo band up to somewhere past 800. It has multiple radios built into it, I think it's the Flexcomm P2000. It can multiselect transmit or do airborn patching or repeat. Very nice rig. The conventional radio modules are built in, for trunking specific, it ties to the actual Moto's mounted elsewhere (XTL-5000's in this case).