Photos of a truck crash from Friday.

Forum for miscellaneous and non scanning related discussions. You can post about anything here, just keep it family friendly. Off-topic posts may also get moved to this forum.
Brian

Photos of a truck crash from Friday.

Post by Brian »

**Truck Crash 2 link on bottom**

Here are some photos I took of a Truck Crash that happen Friday in Rancho Santa Fe in Cielo. The truck lost his brakes & other things maybe like a gear coming down the hill.

plus this isn't the first time it happen on this street in the past 8 years.
but all of them crashed in diferent areas on the same street.

More details on the first page.

Total of 3 pages
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/rsf-firestat ... crash1.htm
Last edited by Brian on Tue May 17, 2005 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lincoln3

Post by Lincoln3 »

Nice pics there Brian. I really dig that 'The Danger of Living in Cielo!' title too. :)
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Good Pics Brian.
W6FE

Post by W6FE »

Thanks for sharing those with us Brian. Some real nice shots there. It is quite amazing the driver survived that one. Must have an Angel sitting on his shoulder.

John H.
Brian

Driver update from the crash

Post by Brian »

The driver suffered 4 broken ribs and a concussion and is in stable condition.

Dave Moore - Nov 22, 2004
The crash was horrible and the safety and survival of the driver is incredible. I am the owner of the property which was damaged and want to let everyone know the status of things. The driver suffered 4 broken ribs and a concussion and is in stable condition. Doctors expect a complete recovery. Shortly after the runaway truck incident was reported, an EMT, the Fire Department, a HazMat team, the Cielo Security team, the police, the trucking company President, and Cielo Management were all present to meet with Susan and I to insure proper handling of the situation. We were indeed fortunate that no children were playing or cars passing at the time. I believe with others that it is time to alter the construction route in/out of Cielo. There is no barrier railing which could have prevented or stalled this heavy truck from carreening down my hillside. It was proposed by a neighbor that perhaps speedbumps on the downhill slope would be effective. Another suggestion was to enforce the speed limit, as it is greatly ignored. Another suggestion was to lower the downhill speed limit to 10 mph. Frankly, we can't get people to do 25! Before another, more catastrophic and potential death situation arises, we should demand an alternate route for construction vehicles. Have you ever seen any construction truck make a full stop or traverse our roads at 25 mph? I haven't. My thanks to everyone who worked hard to contain this mess and tried to minimize the anguish of the event.
--------------------

Diane Salka - Nov 21, 2004
I was actually taking a tennis lesson when the crash happened and was the first at the site when the driver was still in the cab of the overturned truck. I heard him yelling as he passed by the courts and ran over the hill. I immediately ran over the slope as well, fully preparing, and dreading what I might have to do to sustain the driver. Thankfully, he was getting himself out of the cab just as I reached him. It's a miracle he was not hurt worse. It is true he completely lost his brakes and tried to stop the truck by sideswiping the guardrail. Obviously due to the speed and the weight of this truck, the guardrails weren't much help. Anyway, I have some seroius concerns over the safety of our neighborhood, due to the construction we will be facing within our gates for the next decade or so and the limited routes these heavy trucks/equipment have to take - right past our clubhouse, tennis courts and very close to our park (all our recreation centers). The north gate needs to opened NOW and the construction vehicles need to be limited to access from that gate since that is where most of the building will be happening from now on. They should not be coming through our Del Dios gate only to travel throughout our entire neighborhood. Thank God, nobody was walking on the street (since we have no walking paths) and the clubhouse isn't done yet so there was not a heavy concentration of residents (including our kids) around at the time. I think we as a community really need to sit down and DO SOMETHING about the safety of our streets. This time we got off easy! Oh - and not to be a bummer here, but the fire dept. was not quick to the site. It took them AT LEAST 10 solid minutes - actually, I even left before they arrived. John from security could probably tell you better about the response time, but it didn't impress me. Sorry for the long post. Call me if you want more details about the crash.