Fireworks

Forum for miscellaneous and non scanning related discussions. You can post about anything here, just keep it family friendly. Off-topic posts may also get moved to this forum.
mike

Fireworks

Post by mike »

I have been hearing that there may not be any fireworks if thats the case the county is too busy investing in a new radio system that I dont think they need when they could be keeping the fire works and investing in getting more ambulances and fire rigs for the county that they do need or aircraft for rescuing and firefighting. :roll: Im not sure about the fireworks thing anyone know?

Re: Fireworks

Post by 800 »

mike wrote:I have been hearing that there may not be any fireworks if thats the case the county is too busy investing in a new radio system that I dont think they need when they could be keeping the fire works and investing in getting more ambulances and fire rigs for the county that they do need or aircraft for rescuing and firefighting. :roll: Im not sure about the fireworks thing anyone know?
The County's investing in a new radio system? Nooz to me! What band will this one be in?
mike

Post by mike »

The county wants a 700/800 MHZ Project 25 Standard Trunked trying to compete with everyone else when they could be doing more for the county like getting new ambulances because I think they maybe short on ambulances and they could keep the fireworks. :roll:

https://www.rcs800mhz.org/web/docs/San% ... 20RSTP.pdf

More in this: http://scandiego.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=998

Post by 800 »

mike wrote:The county wants a 700/800 MHZ Project 25 Standard Trunked trying to compete with everyone else when they could be doing more for the county like getting new ambulances because I think they maybe short on ambulances and they could keep the fireworks. :roll:

https://www.rcs800mhz.org/web/docs/San% ... 20RSTP.pdf

More in this: http://scandiego.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=998
Well, that is one interpretation of the regional vision to maintain what the RCS (which is more than just the County- it includes 200+ agencies at all levels of government) has in place now, after the support for the current 1995 technology ceases in 2013...

(and how would those new ambulances communicate with the hospitals when they are carrying the patients injured by "safe and sane" fireworks?)
mike

Post by mike »

how would those new ambulances communicate with the hospitals when they are carrying the patients injured by "safe and sane" fireworks?)[/quote]

They would probably use the ambulance to hospital talkgroups the medics use now.
mike

Post by mike »

The person is cheryl cox the one behind the whole firework thing I hope she gets impeached out of office.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Chula Vista's mayor? What does she have to do with the County?
RescueKujo

Post by RescueKujo »

I think Mike's a little upset that Chula Vista didn't have their annual fireworks. I've heard 2 stories-1) They had to use the $75,000 that the city usually budgeted to help keep city employees on the job or 2) they couldn't afford the insurance, which also probably would have come out of the general budget...

And using 1995 technology in 2015? Gee, that would be like agencies who still use freqs down in the 151.XXX range! :roll: :roll:
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Yeah, imagine being on a freq and emission mode that is actually full copy 99.9% of the time! Public safety systems wouldn't be public safety systems without 10-1 or the clear speech equivalent uttered dozens of times a day!

Post by 800 »

RescueKujo wrote: ... And using 1995 technology in 2015? Gee, that would be like agencies who still use freqs down in the 151.XXX range! :roll: :roll:
.. especially since that 1995 technology is operated on 1995 computer processors, and the technology won't be supported after 2012. Think of it in terms of the server you are connected to being a computer running Windows 95 when you have current end users operating XP or Vista.

Oh - and any use of the 700 MHz band for additional channels on the system as the population and users grow must be P25 by FCC regulations.