My Ride Along Story, Friday night

Posting and discussion of breaking news in San Diego. Visitors to this forum are welcome to post photos, videos and other items of interest regarding breaking news incidents in the area.

My Ride Along Story, Friday night

Post by 967 »

Hi All,

Have to share this one, it was way too good to keep to myself.

I rode along with a really cool Mid City unit, we were in beat 827 and it was pretty busy. There were a few minor calls that were both routine and fun. The last event of the night was a basic traffic stop on a vehicle at about 4AM, we were just under and overpass of the 805. I was standing on the sidewalk about 5 feet from the car and the officer was in the car running the person he had in the backseat for any priors or violations. I heard a crash behind me and when I turned around I saw a white mustang jump the curb about 75 yards back. The car road with 2 wheels on the curb and two on the street for about 75 yards, I would have been smashed but was able to run in between the two squad cars before she impacted the one I was riding in all night. (The was a cover unit behind us who was barely missed, the officer I was with heard me scream some foul words and jumped out before impact...the individual in the car was not hurt...he was let go by the way) The veered right on impact and went up the cement about 4 feet. Amazingly there were no injuries, we all shared a pretty big laugh after all was said and done. I would also add that within 30 seconds there were 4 additonal units on scene, they don't take officer safety lightly.

All said and done, it was a really fun night and one I will ALWAYS remember.

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/10980894/detail.html
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Frick. Should lose the privilege to ever drive again.

Post by 967 »

Serious? Something I did wrong?
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

I'm thinking he means the Drunk Driver, not YOU.

Post by 967 »

Awww....well noted. I think I am still tired from the overnight ride.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Bahahahah yes, it's all YOUR fault, ride-along guy. You are a bad luck charm!

Post by 967 »

I know. The officer I was with told me that he didn't want to say anything but he always has something crazy happen when he has a ride along....he said he thought he would finally make it through the night....guess not.