Share what you hear

Posting and discussion of breaking news in San Diego. Visitors to this forum are welcome to post photos, videos and other items of interest regarding breaking news incidents in the area.
Steele

Share what you hear

Post by Steele »

Breaking news!! Share what you hear in real time.
Incident Notifications – via e-mail, text messaging, and pagers.
Nationwide Incident Notifications, From ScannerBuff Network.
Membership at (SBN) is completely free free free!!!!!
And it’s easy to use. Just go to the web address below.
Then go to send alert, register with SBN and start sending those alerts.

http://www.scannerbuff.net/aboutsbn.php

Steele
IPN911

Hahahahaha!

Post by IPN911 »

Yet another IPN wannabe knock-off...Quit degrading the forums with this trash!
brandon
Site Admin

Post by brandon »

While I don't agree with spamming I do think SBN is pretty good. I have both IPN and SBN and find IPN to be a lot better for San Diego and SBN is better for LA.
Steele

Post by Steele »

IPN might be # 1 Incident Notification system.But ScannerBuff Network was where I could Just register with SBN and send out what I hear on the old scanner, I don’t believe that I can Do that on IPN? Maybe IPN should be more user friendly. And I was not spamming for anyone.
Especially not on Sean’s site or on any other site,
I just thought that some of the scanner listeners that read these
Forms might just want to share what they hear. So if I have insulted IPN911 that was not the
Pont. So just because I don’t the money you want to join up with you,and I don’t have what You have. That’s on reason to put down every other paging system and there's no one on my
Ass for not getting it spot on. So 120, 318, 140 and control if I have insulted any of You with my spam I would be insulted. 8)

Steele
w6pix

Re: Hahahahaha!

Post by w6pix »

IPN911 wrote:Yet another IPN wannabe knock-off...Quit degrading the forums with this trash!
Take it easy Steele. He was just joking around....
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

What is the preferred Incident Pager of Yellow?
fotoguy

Post by fotoguy »

I like IPN and the fact that they compensate the dispatchers for the effort they provide, like free service and points that can be exchanged for pager service and scanners. Not only that you can fine tune your pages to shootings in Chula Vista or 2 alarm in oceanside or even trun off or delay pages.

Not to bash on any one service but I like the custom features IPN has, is bad enough that my pager goes off for phone calls and voice mail but sometimes I just dont care about little stuff.

To each his own Happy Scanning
IPN911

Post by IPN911 »

Actually, it's quite easy to sign up as an IPN dispatcher, and it doesn't cost a thing. Just click the "Become A Dispatcher" link under the General Info menu on our home page.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

What's the exchange rate for dispatching and getting free service? Is it 1 page sent by you:1 page sent to you, or as long as you put out X number of pages a month, you get the next month free?
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

Having signed up as an IPN dispatcher, I can say that you are an 'active' dispatcher if you produce 3 pages a week. 'active' gets you some extra bennies.

You are an 'inactive' dispatcher as long as you provide 3 pages a month. 'inactive' is enough to keep your membership open. (Being a dispatcher, whether inactive or active, gives you a 'free' regular account so you can receive pages/emails. Of course, actual pager service isn't included in that, but if you just want emails, or already have alpha paging, you're good to go.