Chula Vista Police Chief Retiring

Posting and discussion of breaking news in San Diego. Visitors to this forum are welcome to post photos, videos and other items of interest regarding breaking news incidents in the area.
PStuart

Chula Vista Police Chief Retiring

Post by PStuart »

Since we're talking about Sheriff's retiring... Chula Vista Police Chief Rick Emerson to retire May 26
http://www.10news.com/news/19149628/detail.html#
N6ATF

Re: Chula Vista Police Chief Retiring

Post by N6ATF »

LOL @ Chula Vista. I lived there for 8 years.

There was an auto shop backing up against my residential neighborhood and there was a huge amount of street racing, kids getting hit or nearly hit. We met with city officials and they refused to put in speed bumps or humps.

The alley between the back of the businesses and the back of the apartments was best described as a landfill - endless dumping of big screen TVs, couches, refrigerators, end tables, and lesser sized garbage. I would pick up CRV recycling off the ground in that alley, there was so much of it. One time a dry ice bomb nearly took off my thumb, suspect it was left for me by one of the neighborhood criminals - when I told a cop after I had got some ice on it, he said no crime.

Gang members would smoke marijuana and drink and harass women from lawns not even their own, and the cops would drive by and have laughing friendly conversations with them immediately after they tossed the marijuana in the grass.

Teenage and preteen kids would vandalize the buildings, I caught both kinds in the act, some individual, some in groups. One of these kids smoke, drank, and bought a bong and god knows what else from the trunk of a car stopped in the middle of the street.

Massage parlor eventually got busted for prostitution either just before or after we moved out, and the juvenile delinquent families eventually moved out months after some arrests were made. I found paperwork in the street while picking up recycling one day confirming one JD was on probation.

For a while, Chula Vista seemed to be the termination point for high-speed pursuits.

Reported crime decreased probably because a lot of people gave up reporting anything and no reports were made in a lot of cases.

Oh, how could I forget! My parents' POS older car was stolen, left in a parking lot at the "good" side of the city, collected dust for MONTHS, the broken stereo got jacked, and we finally got a call that it was sitting in an impound lot 6-8 months later. I was attending school out of my home district, and with no way to get there practically (still hadn't gotten the call) had to retreat after that year.

Total slum.
Last edited by N6ATF on Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PStuart

Post by PStuart »

Sounds like the city has problems specific to areas. Just like any other city. I lived in Chula Vista for 21 years and I had no problems with any neighbors and never had to call the police.. Your problems sound like the usual petty stuff that most cities deal with.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Not so usual if you never had a problem. I lived fairly close to the police station too. Guess Carlin's joke about criminals not wanting to be anywhere near prisons and jails was wrong. They know they'll get right back out in an endlessly revolving door.