Towing companys

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
mike

Post by mike »

I heard a tow truck in Chula Vista on 150.965 a few days ago maybe Anthony's not sure though.
Brian

Post by Brian »

150.965 CTCSS Tone 103.5 = AAA Dispatch.
you will hear "Golf ###"
All AAA San Diego Dispatchers are 'Golf ###'
from the La Mesa AAA office (Dispatch is on the 2nd floor)

'Yankee ###' & Hotel '###' is from the two Office up north.
Burbank office and Metro office.

so that's how you can tell it's a AAA Freq :-)
mike

Post by mike »

150.965 also dispatches Vidrio Towing in Chula Vista I confirmed it tonight I hit the close call button on my scanner next to a Vidrio Towing tow truck.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSear ... ey=1910364

I'm pretty close to La Mesa AAA, listening to that freq now. The building doesn't have the greatest HAAT, so it would appear that's not a transmitter location.

My brother works days on the dispatch floor, says he prefers answering phones to radios, but I may hear him on there at some point.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Vidrio Towing = ICS 448 or 485 on the AAA radio. my list is about 2 years old (I heard 485 before)

at the AAA dispatch office. All the radio traffic is sent to the repeater over a T-1 line. Only Golf I like is G-353 nice lady been there a long time :-)

If your brother works at La Mesa AAA office it's the room to the side of them where the T-1 line is located in the locked room(Phone/Voice Recording equipment. Says it on the wall.

Don't forget RDO(Rancho Del Oro) is now own by United Road Towing (Nation's Largest Towing Company) (everything was signed in the last 30 days or so.)
http://www.unitedroadtowing.com/locations.html (nothing on the website yet) and will bring in 'Heavy Duty' towing/everything to the area too.
I bet Roadone towing is going to be mad :lol: Woohooooo
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

I'm guessing like AMR they have a remote receiver over T-1 as well, since nobody can hear the drivers but dispatch 99% of the bloody time?
mike

Post by mike »

I heard a Vidrio tow truck that was a few feet away from me the other night in Chula Vista talking to dispatch on 150.965 I think you can hear the drivers talk if they are ear you atleast thats what I hear on the radio.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Mike is right..

The Mtn Top repeater is the same output freq & Tone and the output freq on the tow truck AAA Radio. (I'm sure there is another name of this type of setup)

like 452.525 on the radios in north county! Since I keyed up the AAA radio in one of the truck in escondido. and held a frequency counters.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

So the dispatcher has a microphone cord that stretches for miles up to the mountain simplex transciever, which has a speaker cord stretching miles back to the dispatcher.

In the form of the T-1.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Yes

Incase the San Diego Dispatch goes down(Blows up/meltdown)...
They can have the Metro or Burbank office take over the radio dispatch.

But that didn't work out to well when San Diego Dispatch had that fire alarm go off last year due to a smoke smell in the room. Drivers were calling on the radio but no one was manning the radio in the room!.

Let me add one thing. ALL Tow Trucks only has 1 Radio freq to talk on to AAA Dispatch. (most of the radio uses a remote head (Motorola MCS2000) on/under the dash.