BC246T problem

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
N6766J

BC246T problem

Post by N6766J »

Have any of you experienced the following?

I have had SDFD in my 246T since day one. I programmmed it and other systems using the Bearcat Software. Now none of the talk groups receive anything in the SCAN mode, only the search mode. SDPD (in a spearate bank) works just fine. Only the Fire and LG talkgroups seem to be affected. Any ideas?

I seemed to have checked every possible cause, including Locked Out TG's? I have even deleted and re-loaded SDFD into different banks and added the TG's to the (working) SDPD bank, but still nothing. I do get an occasional broadcast on Admin and have set the Alert chirp for that TG.

If I can find the CD, I am probably going to re-load the Bearcat software.
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

First thing to check would be if you're getting the control channel in that bank.

Start it searching in trunk mode in that bank (The fire one), then hit manual. It should be on a control channel with the data buzz. If it isn't, you don't have the control channels all programmed in, probably.

It's possible that you somehow changed the system setting for motorola systems about the 'status bit'. In system settings for motorola type systems on that scanner, there's an option for 'status bits', which should be set to 'ignore'. If it's not, trunk groups that are patched or multicast won't have the 'right' group ID for the one you programmed, and won't be 'seen' as active.
mike

Post by mike »

I own one and I have it set up for RCS South,RCS North,RCS East and San Diego city and I have the talkgroups in and it works fine for me in scan mode maybe you skipped a step or something.
Control

Post by Control »

You mention checking the TGs, but have you checked the freqs and made sure all 19 are entered, AND none (especially 1 of the 4 possible data channels) are locked out?
N6766J

BC246T problem

Post by N6766J »

I think I may have found the problem. It appears that when I upload my database from the Bearcat software, the scanner is not "reading" the talkgroup ID's. They all appear as a zero. I'm just not sure how to remedy the problem. I can download the latest Bearcat software or go out and purchase a third-party scanner program. Any suggestions?
N6766J

BC246T Answer

Post by N6766J »

Here I am answering my own question.

I had to manually add the TG ID's to the scanner. It appears that the problem is with the Uniden UASD software. Does anyone else out there use this software?