recording local fire dispatch

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
etotman

recording local fire dispatch

Post by etotman »

I'd like to record fire dispatch on city TRS ID 5008 but only when the dispatch pertains to my area. Most of the time when I hear an engine responding to a call they're already on the road. Do the fire stations receive data prior to the audio dispatch? If so maybe I could use that data to key my recorder.
hodad200

Post by hodad200 »

call goes out on pager and mct, also station call goes out. by the time the call is put out on 7A, the crew is already rolling.
etotman

Post by etotman »

Is the station call on the TRS or conventional?

Station Allerting

Post by 31 »

Most station allerting in this county is done via pager,800 trunk and over internet connection if you hear HFD saying station allerting is down they lost cox cable again.
dangitdoug

Re: Station Allerting

Post by dangitdoug »

31 wrote:Most station allerting in this county is done via pager,800 trunk and over internet connection if you hear HFD saying station allerting is down they lost cox cable again.
That's too good. So the crew complains about losing cable and knows their alert system has also gone down.

No HBO = no alerts.
Modern technology is a wonderful thing.

Doug K