Looking for local stringer freqs.

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Well it's practically impossible to key up Yellow, but someone could get on a mountaintop and use their CTCSS tone on the output with maximum power for maximum annoying distance. Only time anyone breaks my tone squelch on Yellow, the voice sounds familiar and the content is non-malicious.
jay611j

Post by jay611j »

Quite true, but this guy managed to do it and was quite annoying. I'm sure Chad and Sean would remember him, it was awhile ago.
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Key words being "used to". From what I understand, extreme measures were put in place to block non-members, but probably him especially. That's why he's no longer able to talk through the repeater.
jay611j

Post by jay611j »

ahh good. I wonder if they are gonna let good old Bud to their new system...LOL
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

jay611j wrote:ahh good. I wonder if they are gonna let good old Bud to their new system...LOL
Yadda, yadda, yadda, what new system? You people's imagination has run wild... It's amazing how a few comments slipped in on the air get blown into an epic-saga... We were just "firing for effect" and man, it worked. :)
jay611j

Post by jay611j »

Ah 10-4... You guys are about the only thing that keeps me awake at night on the graveyard. :shock:
KE6NCQ

Post by KE6NCQ »

I'll tell you what....I don't know which site/hilltop .650 is on, but I do enjoy monitoring from my house in Portola Hills (Lake Forest) in Southern OC.

Fun to monitor activity in the Metro SD area.

Brian
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

KE6NCQ wrote:I'll tell you what....I don't know which site/hilltop .650 is on, but I do enjoy monitoring from my house in Portola Hills (Lake Forest) in Southern OC.

Fun to monitor activity in the Metro SD area.

Brian
Couldn't be further from you.. Otay near the Otay Mesa POE to MEX..

Good signal over water for the most part to get to OC
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

Hah! Yer all doomed now, I actually have a repeater capable GMRS HT now.

Icom IC-F21GM, all programmed up, in the spectacularly unlikely event I actually hear something significant, that no one else does, on a slow night. :D
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

So how's that working 309?