Pro-95 Programming

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
Johnnie17

Pro-95 Programming

Post by Johnnie17 »

Hello-

Am I able to program the the RCS (North, South, and East) frequencies into a Pro-95? I know that I need to use seperate banks for each on of these and I am just wondering by what I have read, that I may need a newer unit. Will the Pro-95 pick-up the RCS system?

I have read the info on programing with the computer and cable and I have been doing it by "keypad". I was able to get the SPPD into bank 0 and could not get anything until I changed the "normal" setting to "offset".

This is a great web site and thanks in advance for your help.
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

You can program RCS into the Pro95. You will be able to monitor any analog TGs. The Pro95 is not a digital scanner so any TG above 30000 you will not be able to hear. Most of the analog are fire and medics. The digital TGs are primarily law enforcement.

Doug K
Johnnie17

Post by Johnnie17 »

Doug-

Thanks for the info. After some more reading on the rest of the website, I learned more about what you meant in your reply. I will still program the RCS into my scanner and read my manual on how to block or lockout those frequences that are above 30000. The fire and medics are still interesting to listen to and do you have any that stand out as good TG's to listen to?

Thanks!
dangitdoug

Post by dangitdoug »

Johnnie

Check back Sunday AM. I'll send you my RCS lineup that I have in my 95.

Doug K
dangitdoug

Plan-B

Post by dangitdoug »

Johnnie

It's going to have to wait until Monday or Tueday. The files I need are at work.

In the meantime go to www.starrsoft.com and download win95. that is the computer program for the 95. The program is free. It makes it much easier to program and change things in your scanner. Once you have that, then I can e-mail you my win95 file and you can copy it and have everything done in 5 minutes. PM me with a good e-mail address when you are ready.

I can still send you the files in Word or Excel format, but it going to take you a long time and sore thumbs to get it all done.

Doug K