What Else Would You Like to See on ScanDiego.com

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
w6pix

What Else Would You Like to See on ScanDiego.com

Post by w6pix »

I'm soliciting user input on what other material relating to San Diego Scanning that you feel is needed or missing from the web site.

If you have any suggestions, please list 'em here!

TKS
W6FE

Post by W6FE »

Suggestions Aye. Ok.

Food for thought. I suggest you add 3 separate topics.
1) RCS North update or info.
2) RCS South update or info.
3) San Diego City update or info.

Reason for suggestion: If each user downloaded your current RCS San Diego directory, we could use the topics to post identifications as we track them down or identify them and then each user could keep his list up to date without having to print a whole new list. Currently 20 pages. Then maybe only quarterly or some time frame if enough changes warrant would it be necessary to upgrade the master list and publish it.

I currently have about 40 work groups to add to RCS south and when I quit getting new hits will shift to RCS North then shift to City.

And of course, only a suggestion...

John W6FE
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Great Idea John.

What I gather is, add seperate TOPIC groups in the forums for Updates to the Master Lists and list all additions/changes to there, then merge them in only once in a while.

I'll create the groups now.
W6FE

Post by W6FE »

Sean, you got me. You set them up so fast that when I found them I started scratching my head wondering if they were there and I had missed them. Ok, I put in my first input and over time I will try to fill in more information on them, unless of course the new Calif scanner book does it all for us. Time will tell. In the meantime I gotta make these 796D's earn their keep.

John W6FE
jkphotog1

Idea for ScanDiego

Post by jkphotog1 »

It would be nice to have an area where members can post links to news articles of interest about scanners, radios, police and fire in the San Diego area. The oldest link replaced by the most current news links for say two weeks to avoid broken links, old news,etc..

jkphotog1

Post by 318 »

This is the area you would want to post those types of things. 'General San Diego Scanning' is sort-of a "catch-all", if you will, for all things related to this forum. If what you want to post is related to San Diego area scanning, and will not fit in any other forum topic, this is where it goes...

~318
mike

Post by mike »

maybe some audio feeds.
brandon
Site Admin

Post by brandon »

I would recommend another sub-forum called Unknown VHF/UHF Conventional Loggings (similar to the RCS North/South forums) where people can post unknown frequencies (whether its news media, shopping malls, taxis, etc..) to see if anyone can help ID them.
w6pix

Post by w6pix »

Regarding audio feeds, I have no interest in providing them. There is another site on the links page of ScanDiego that provides SDPD. The servers for this site are in LA so it would be a logistical headache to have ScanDiego host any audio feeds. I will however make a FORUM room for that topic so people can post known audio servers for others to enjoy.

As for Conventional UHF and VHF FORUM room, consider it done! That's a great idea....
astrodanco

Post by astrodanco »

w6pix wrote:Regarding audio feeds, I have no interest in providing them.
Well, that's not surprising. Does anyone honestly want to deciate an expensive digital scanner to providing a live RCS feed?