low audio volume/low voice volume from dispatch

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
unidenbearcatcool

low audio volume/low voice volume from dispatch

Post by unidenbearcatcool »

I am curious if any other person is observant and has detected low audio from Dispatch talk groups:

55726 Radio ID/Unit ID - AMR Dispatch talk group 2886

&
41874 Radio ID/ Unit ID - El Centro 2 25874 talk group (El Centro Comm Center) ICSO

the hardware associated with ID number/ radio number 41874 is at a console that handles radio traffic for ICSO / ICFD / Inquiry channel for ICSO / tac and command for ICFD, and radio traffic for a few other talk groups (channels)

I would now guess/surmise that the dispatch person is using a v.o.i.p. card/ hardware and it was not configured correctly. The other dispatch console talk groups have audio that is equal to each other as well as the patrol & fire units using the same talk group (channel)

maybe the headset jack/plug in hardware is not plugged in completely - or - perhaps a solder joint has a small break

just me nit picking and crossing my fingers the radio tech team views my critique and checks it out