Can't hear Escondido police or Fire anymore

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
n6dcr

Can't hear Escondido police or Fire anymore

Post by n6dcr »

I've been reading all the post for a couple days, still can't hear Escondido police or Fire anymore, I've switched over to the new site according to the calendar showing they have been cut over, anything maybe I'm missing? Thanks, Alan
Brian

Re: Can't hear Escondido police or Fire anymore

Post by Brian »

Make sure you are using the P25 talkgroups IDs for the RCS NextGen system.

P25 TG: 2301 - ESCPDISP1 - Police Dispatch 1 - Escondido

P25 TG: 1367 - ESC 5A DISP - Dispatch 5A - Fire Escondido Zone

Motorola Type II SmartZone Talkgroup to P25 Talkgroup
To convert the talk groups from the old system to the new system, Divide the old SmartZone talkgroup decimal number by 16 to get the P25 talk group number.
(In reverse, to get the SmartZone talk group from the P25 talk group, multiple the P25 talk group number by 16.)

Converted talkgroup list on the bottom of the first post on this other page)
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=1764
snydman711

Post by snydman711 »

I'm having the same problem. I have reprogrammed manually and using win 500. Help?
Brian

Post by Brian »

Make sure you changed it to "P25 Auto" type in the Win500 software.
and update the talkgroups to the new talkgroup numbers for the P25 RCS NextGen System.
snydman711

Post by snydman711 »

I have been scanning since 72. I have programmed many scanners including my pro-106 many times. I cant figure out what i'm doing wrong. I have tried the win app. I have tried to manually reprogram it but I cant get San Diego RCS to work, I would pay someone to program or walk me through it. I am getting nothing but south zone. I have entered the north zone freqs but I keep getting south. Anybody in SD county HELP!
Brian

Post by Brian »

It would be the same way if you setup Camp Pendleton P25 system or the SD Navy P25 system or any other 98% P25 systems.

Feel free to send me your Win500 programming file for RCS NextGen and I can take a look at it.
snydman711

Post by snydman711 »

thank you Brian. I Think I got it.Its scratchy right now but I am getting all my north channels.Thanks for the tips.