San Diego RCS (Santee Area)

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
chargedbird

San Diego RCS (Santee Area)

Post by chargedbird »

Hi all,
I'm a bit confused; I live in Santee and would be listening to Sheriff. When I look at the County of San Diego Sheriffs Law Enforcement Operations, it has Santee in the Southern Commands...

When I look at the RCS System Boundaries, it’s like almost I am at the border fo South and East..

I guess I just am confused on what Zone should I program my scanner for..

Finally, what does East Zone Simulcast mean?

Cheers and Happy Holidays
w6pix

Re: San Diego RCS (Santee Area)

Post by w6pix »

Santee is in the South Zone of the RCS.. East really starts after Alpine. North starts north of SR-52 at I-15.. Since SR-52 bends south towards Santee you can't really use SR-52 as a boundary east of I-15.
chargedbird

Post by chargedbird »

w6,
Thanks for the info, I understand now.

Cheers
SDnative

Post by SDnative »

However, Santee SO can also be heard on East, and I am pretty sure that I have also caught them on North, but their "home" is South.

Post by 800 »

SDnative wrote:However, Santee SO can also be heard on East, and I am pretty sure that I have also caught them on North, but their "home" is South.
Santee Station has responsibility for the Barona Reservation, some parts of which are covered only by the North Zone.
The talk group also covers Alpine Station's area, which includes territory covered by the East Zone.
The TG will appear as needed in both of these Zones.

Don