Stay as far away from the Mud Shack as you can

This is the place to discuss generalized scanner questions and information for San Diego County. Whether it's radios, antennas, or other general scanner related topics, you can talk about it here.
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Thanks! Hopefully he won't be in business much longer and we can keep some people from getting screwed over!
Steele

Post by Steele »

Hay MAV7200 sorry that you are going through this nightmare!
But I’m so glad that you are standing up to roger, He has been doling out
this crap for at least 15 years I know of, secret service this, secret service that,
he‘s must be making these stories up for some kind of gratification? Why would
any person treat any customer this way? If you are going to keep the fricking
doors open, just to carry on these bizarre charades of f**cking with the customer.
Roger this is not the place you want to be noticed in this way, We are the people
that would be your customers, but like the saying goes, So do yourselves a favor and
stay as far away from the Mudshack and Roger as possible!

STEELE
PStuart

Post by PStuart »

It appears to be unanimous, roger is an ass.

SSN #

Post by 31 »

Its illegal for anyone including the PD and banks to ask for your SSN# ONLY the Social security office AND the Voting poll can ask to see it thats the LAW!
N6ATF

Post by N6ATF »

Really?
SkipSanders

Post by SkipSanders »

No, it's not illegal for them to ask. It's, in some cases, illegal for them to demand you answer.

From a site with a fair amount of info on this subject, at:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/richpub/syltgu ... S85LDL7IOE

Don’t make a big fuss and then cave in. Don’t expect to get wages or Medicare or veterans benefits without a Social Security number. Federal law requires that you provide a Social Security number in order to get any state license – to drive, to engage in certain occupations, to hunt, to fish, to get married. And to get a birth certificate for your new baby. Sorry.

Two other federal laws prohibit display of the number on your driver’s license or child’s birth certificate. Know exactly what state and federal laws say about giving our SSNs and not further disclosing them.
wxsby

Post by wxsby »

Wonderful website you have here and this is a very interesting topic. Years ago I was trying to build a discone and needed an odd antenna mount. Nobody else had one and someone suggested Mudshack. I went there and was looking for something that might work when this guy asked me what I was looking for. I tried to explain but he started ranting some BS about how it couldn't work. He didn't have what I needed anyway, but for some reason he started telling me about how he was Bill Clinton's personal photographer and traveled with the Secret Service. At the time they were holding the impeachment hearings for Clinton and I made some humorous (to me) remark about what kinds of pictures I bet he had of Clinton. He got wierd and pretty much threw me out. Obviously my last contact with him.

Hope you kick his butt.
Mav7200

Post by Mav7200 »

Working on it. I found out a few interesting things:

City of San Diego Business license division said his license is currently cancelled. Couldn't give me the date of cancellation as this is apparently confidential.

City of Las Vegas has no record of ever issuing a business license

City of Henderson, NV has no record of ever issuing a business license

State Dept of Nevada has no record of his corporation

State Dept of CA reports his corporation status as Suspended

THats all I can say right now as I am waiting for a few other things to fall into place.

Thanks for the support guys, while it does suck that anyone got screwed over by this guy, I suppose I am glad I am not the only one. I will see this thing through... Wherever it may go.
Rescue Pooh

Post by Rescue Pooh »

Sounds like things are falling into place Mav. Keep up the good work.
Batman2150

Roger

Post by Batman2150 »

You know fellas, Roger has the contract to maintain radios on the Muir Space Station. He makes his rounds twice a month. Ask him to show you his hydrozene rocket out back, it's a beauty! He's even taken his buddy Bill Clinton along a couple times. And be sure to stay clear when he launches, you don't want to get scorched by the blast.
Last edited by Batman2150 on Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.